Friday, May 8, 2009

Volunteer Profile - Stephanie

What is your Store To Door role/s?
Office Assistant. I provide database management, including updating and maintaining records. I also help with general office tasks (mailings, newsletters, etc). I have provided some marketing assistance in regards to the online web presence and volunteer opportunities.

How long have you been with Store To Door? How did you first hear about Store To Door?
I have been here since February 2009. I first heard about Store To Door through a website, volunteermatch.org.

What is your favorite thing about Store To Door?
The variety of tasks and jobs that always keep on coming. There is never a dull or boring moment, and I like keeping busy! It’s even better when you know it is for a very good cause.

If you could only eat 5 things for the rest of your life what would they be?
Pickles, pizza, ham sandwiches, Dill Pickle chips, and chicken.

Share a story or comment about one of your favorite people you have met through Store To Door:
I love Molly’s (Volunteer Coordinator) positive attitude. She is always so enthusiastic and welcoming – it makes this a really great place to come in and volunteer when I get to work directly with her.

When you aren’t promoting senior nutrition and volunteering, what are you up to?
I am usually either working at my internship… or I am at class at the University of St. Thomas, working towards my degree in Marketing (one semester left!) Otherwise, I enjoy spending time with my friends. I love going on long walks and exploring new places. I also enjoy the outdoors immensely, so in the summer- that’s where you will find me!

What has surprised you most about volunteering with Store To Door?
The wide client base Store To Door has. I was surprised because prior to finding it on a volunteer website, I had not heard of Store To Door before. So it’s great to see how many people use these services, and even better that expansion is an option!

Describe Store To Door with 5 words:
Awesome food delivery for the elderly!
(I know, its 6 words…)

No comments: